Friday, June 22, 2012

Bedtime Story: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish


For Bedtime Story this week I decided to read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish to get ready for my baby shower tomorrow with the same theme this weekend!



Synopsis: "This nonsensical romp through a gallery of imaginary creatures introduces beginning readers to a variety of rhyming letter combinations. Meet the Yink, who likes to wink and drink pink ink. Or the Yop, who hops from finger top to finger top. Then there is morose Ned who doesn't like his little bed. The short anecdotal poems have just the right combination of humor and the fantastic to enrapture readers"

My Review: This is another Dr. Seuss book that doesn't really follow a story line but is more for rhyming.  It is actually pretty long for a bedtime story with an impatient child but maybe for someone a little older might like it. I did find it funny how you started out with fish and moved on to other creatures throughout the book.  I think Dr. Seuss set out to tongue tie all parents who read out loud to their kids (note to self practice a lot more)!

My Rating: A fun book full of rhymes and illustrations to look at but a little long.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and Stump Wag.


Good Night, Sweet Dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment