Friday, June 15, 2012

Bedtime Story: Hop on Pop

Time for Bedtime Story again!  I picked Hop on Pop for tonight's story, mostly because I am getting tired of being kicked and can't wait until little one's daddy has to deal with a little squirmy boy!





Synopsis: "Combines phonics and word recognition, making sounds and letters recognizable. Highly recommended."—(starred) School Library Journal.
Pairs of rhyming words are introduced and used in simple sentences, such as "Day. Play. We play all day. Night. Fight. We fight all night."       


My Review: A fun rhyming book.  There really isn't a story in Hop on Pop just a lot of word association and rhyming. It can definitely be used to teach little ones the difference between simple words and the pictures help them learn what different orders can mean.

My Rating: While I think this would make a great teaching tool, I kind of missed the story.  However with very young kids, who may not have the attention span for a story and just like the sound of your voice while reading its great (though like a lot of Dr. Seuss books I get tongue tied when reading out loud).  So I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.


Good Night, Sweet Dreams!         


No comments:

Post a Comment