Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Poetry Pause: Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll

I am working in the poetry section of my own 2011 Reading Challenge. I had planned on posting the poems for you to join me in reflecting on them; however, I am not entirely certain on the copyright laws regarding some of the poets we will read. So to be on the safe side I decided to try to link you to the poem I will be reading.

Another option, if you are looking to purchase a book of poetry, I suggest Half Hours with the Best Poets (Barnes & Noble or Amazon)


This is a fantastic collection of poems, nearly all of my top poems are in this one book!



So the next poem is

 

The title is a link to the poem
 
This one made me giggle a little, it really reminded me of Dr. Seuss (actually a cross between Dr. Suess and Beowulf)! I love the way this one tells a little story and when read aloud the words just kind of roll with a great rhythm.  Now I am not a fan of Alice and her adventures in Wonderland (or any of her adventures really) but taken out of context with the book it was a part of it is an exciting adventure. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment