Friday, July 15, 2011

Review of Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress by Christine E. Schulze

Synopsis from Goodreads: "Chrystine had had more reason than any other time of her life, even when facing one of the rampages of her drunken father. But she wasn't afraid. And that was odd, because although Aaryn, the person asking her that question, was her best friend, he was also a vampire. In fact, she was surrounded by hundreds of vampires."

My Review: So I fully intended to read this book next week, however once I downloaded it and started skimming, I started reading and just didn't stop. Christine Schulze held my attention the whole time. I adore the characters, even the sub characters, and honestly who wouldn't fall in love with Aaryn. I loved Schulze's descriptions, she really took me there and painted the picture beautifully!

Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress was definitely not what I expected, first off it starts out based in modern times, which threw me for a loop considering you learn right at the beginning that Chrystine is an elf. The next was the combination of fantasy and magic with Christianity. I was a little unsure of this combination but wanted to find out more, but Christine Schulze meshed the two beautifully! Bet you all never expected to read a book involving a Christian Vampire!

The book moved along quickly and even the lulls in action were interesting. It was a fantastic story involving the good versus evil, light versus darkness. The only down fall was that I wanted more when it ended! I could read about these characters time and time again!

My Rating: I really enjoyed this one and definitely couldn't put it down until I finished so it deserves Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment