Friday, July 15, 2011

Follow Friday & In My Mailbox

 
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers -http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. LINKY TOOLS IS BACK! I paid for the subscription - finally so now you can add the links to your own post!!! To add the code to your own post click on GET THE CODE here under the list of names.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog! 


Q. What do I do when I are not reading?


Well there are a lot of things that I do when not reading! I work in a law office, I train my dog, Niko (and sometimes the cat, Valerie too - yes she is trained, she comes when called, sits up on command and walks on a leash), I also like to do arts and crafts, particularly drawing/coloring, scherenschnitte (a form of paper cutting) and of course customize MLPs! I also love the outdoors in the summer, especially hiking and fishing and just hanging out with a nice cold beverage.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




   In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by The Story Siren that I have decided to participate in.

How IMM works:
Make your own IMM post! You can post about books you've bought, gotten from the library, received for review... books don't have to arrive via your mailbox. 
I post every week, but you don’t have to. You can do one week out of the month or every other week it’s up to you. 
You don't have to call your post In My Mailbox... (some people don't even have mailboxes!)
I post my IMM on Sunday, but choose a day of the week that works for you.
Once you have your IMM posted, come back to The Story Siren on Sunday and add your link to the list. 
Try to post a comment on other bloggers IMM posts. I don’t expect you to post a comment on every single one, but pick a few!

All book bloggers are welcome, while I’d like to keep the theme to YA literature it’s NOT a requirement.

There is no right or wrong way to do In My Mailbox, you can vlog, you can take fun picture, you can use the books cover art, it’s up to you!

Most importantly HAVE FUN!
 
 
 
I received my very first book for review! Yay! I was contacted by the author on goodreads to review her book and she emailed me a copy to read on my nook.  I will be posting a review later today!
Synopsis from Goodreads: "Chrystine had had more reason than any other time of her life, even when facing one of the rampages of her drunken father. But she wasn't afraid. And that was odd, because although Aaryn, the person asking her that question, was her best friend, he was also a vampire. In fact, she was surrounded by hundreds of vampires."
 
 
Synopsis from Goodreads: " Meet Corrinne. She's living every girl's dream in New York City—shopping sprees at Barneys, open access to the best clubs and parties, and her own horse at the country club. Her perfect life is perfectly on track. At least it was. . . .
This review was already posted ;)
 
Synopsis from Goodreads: "When a vampire asks Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the bloodsuckers must promise to let the humans go unharmed. Easier said than done."
 
When Corrinne's father is laid off, her world suddenly falls apart. Instead of heading to boarding school, she's stripped of her credit cards and shipped off to the boonies of Texas to live with her grandparents. On her own in a big public school and forced to take a job shoveling manure, Corrinne is determined to get back to the life she's supposed to be living. She doesn't care who she stomps on in the process. But when Corrinne makes an unlikely friend and discovers a total hottie at work, she begins to wonder if her life B.R.—before the recession—was as perfect as it seemed."

4 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Paper cutting sounds interesting. Do you cut paper into different shapes?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Fiction Fairy and Alison!

    I usually cut out shadow images. It can be very detailed work. I have made christmas cards, picture framework, ornaments and larger pictures to hang on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! new blog follower from follow friday, little late but oh well! love your page and i'm lookin forward to seeing more of your posts. hope you will stop by my blog and follow me! =]


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by Lindsay! I am always late too ;)

    ReplyDelete