Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"I've heard it said - and my guess is you have too - that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I've never been certain it's true.
Think about it for a moment.
It sounds nice. I'll give you that. A way for every face to be beautiful, if only you wait for the right pair of eyes. If only you wait long enough."







Synopsis from Goodreads: "Belle is convinced she has the wrong name, as she lacks her sisters' awe-inspiring beauty. So she withdraws from society, devoting her time to wood carving. Secretly, Belle longs to find the fabled Heartwood Tree. If carved by the right hands, the Heartwood will reveal the face of one's true love.
During a fierce storm, Belle's father stumbles upon the mysterious Heartwood -- and encounters a terrifying and lonely Beast. Now Belle must carve the Heartwood to save her father, and learn to see not with the eyes of her mind, but with the eyes of her heart."

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like it could be a beautiful story.

    Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser and I love the book cover. Check out mine at http://letsbookit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tease! Sounds like a very interesting take on the familiar tale.

    This week I have two teasers. Why? Because more is better!
    http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-2-teasers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good story. I like the conversational tone, too. Good teaser.
    Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for stopping by my Teaser and I'm sorry for my late response. I will be checking each of yours now that I have my blogger up and working again.

    ReplyDelete