Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shelving Saturday - #7

Welcome to Shelving Saturday


Shelving Saturday is a weekly blog event I have started here at Eastern Sunset Reads.   Each week I will post a shelving dilemma or question and you can join me in the response.
 
Please feel free to post on your blog and link back here, please be sure to post the link to your response in the comments so I can come and check your Shelving day out!

 

So this week a was mumbling to myself about my "special" books. ARCs and books that I have had signed by authors. 
What do you do with your "special" books. Do you have a lot that have been signed by authors?


I only have a few books that are signed by authors and only 3 ARCs that I have managed to snag at different online auctions or book exchanges. Some day soon I was thinking about getting a small shelf (like a 3 foot one) and dedicating the top to those special books and have actual bookends, but for now they are just intermingled with the rest of the books of their genre.


Here are some of my autographed books
From Kenneth Thomasma





And of course Kristin Cashore (I also have Graceling signed but its burried right now)





3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm jealous you got to meet Kristin Cashore. I loved Graceling! I've joined you again. Here's mine.
    http://alternatereadality.blogspot.com/2011/06/shelving-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any special books. I wish I did! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jenny - I was so excited to meet Kristin Cashore! She was at the Boston Book Festival this last year and I had to win a week of football pool in order to make my hubby go (I am not a city person so am not allowed in Boston alone LOL).

    @Jessica - just keep an eye open for local book signings and book events, oh and the goodreads giveaways!

    ReplyDelete