Saturday, December 18, 2021

Advent Reads Day 18: *Date Night with a Book* Santa Claus is going to Town on Me by M. L. Eliza (aka Marie Lipcomb)

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Date Night with a book is the new After Dark series of posts on my blog, books posted for Date Nights contain Adult  Romance themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for Date Night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)




Synopsis: "I've always hated Christmas, but this year will be different, because this year, Santa Claus is jingling me all the way.
♥♥♥
When Holly wakes up on Christmas Eve to find an intruder in her home, she does what anyone else would; grabs her replica medieval broadsword and sneaks downstairs to deal with him.

But he isn't a burglar. He wears a big red coat, big brown boots, and his big round belly shakes like a bowl full of jelly. He's Santa Claus. He's thick. And he's HOT.
What begins as a simple misunderstanding, develops into a passion Holly never knew she needed, with a man who knows her every want and desire. But Holly has a secret, one she can't ever let Claus discover; the true reason she hates Christmas.
---
Content Warning: Loss of a parent, mentions of a car accident.
M.L. Eliza is the pen name for Marie Lipscomb, under which she writes her erotic romance books. Marie is the author of the Lady's Champion and the Hearts of Blackmere series, as well as the Vixens Rock series, whose books include Rhythm, Strings and Amped.
She is passionate about writing romance with plus-sized heroes and heroines."

My Review: I received this book in a gift box as a bit of a gag from a girl friend, but it ended up being a super fun story to read. *Be forewarned that this is definitely not a book for the faint of heart, it is definitely a graphic erotic romance.* So the book did start off a bit rocky and felt a bit rushed at first, but once you got used to the pacing it was fine. There are definitely some super steamy scenes, so don't read at work or around the kids! With that said and knowing what I was getting into with it, there were also some really unique and creative ideas about Santa and Christmas, I really enjoyed those moments of world building scattered throughout the story. While definitely cranking the heat in the room, it also managed to get a bit emotional and gave some really nice Christmas romance feelings.

My Rating: So I definitely got a lot more than I expected from this book, it was fun and easy to read, had a ton of steam, some unique ideas and world building and a whole lot of holiday feels. I give it a rating of Four Paws!



2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can handle Santa being portrayed this way. It makes me a little squeamish just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a struggle, I kind of just changed the name in my mind to Sam to get over it a bit. I was really surprised with the unique ideas about Christmas magic and Santa backstory that this book brought, I thought it was going to be all steam (which there was a ton of) but it actually brought a lot more to the table.

      Delete