Friday, December 17, 2021

Advent Reads Day 17: The Littlest Christmas Elf by Nancy Buss

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!



Synopsis: "The newly-arrived and littlest elf at the North Pole feels lonely, fearful, and too small to do anything, until he is befriended by a kind old elf named Nicholas."

My Review: Who can resist a cute little vintage children's book at Christmas time? This one had such cute illustrations that I just had to pick it up. The story is very cute about a little elf who has trouble completing any of the tasks he is given because he is shorter than other elves. I think this will definitely be a great book to read with littles that might have bigger siblings that can do things they can't, like hanging ornaments higher on the tree, etc. It has a sweet twist in the story that the kids will enjoy. It is also nice and soothing to read so it might help to calm down before bed as the big night approaches.

My Rating: I love looking at these old Golden Book stories, you can always tell they have been well loved, and this one certainly had reason to be.  It was super cute and will be a nice little bedtime story for the littles. I give it a rating of Four Paws.




No comments:

Post a Comment