Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Review of The Black Stallion by Walter Farley

 

Read for: Re-Read/Audio/ Books with Munchkin

Synopsis: "Published originally in 1941, this book is about a young boy, Alec Ramsay who finds a wild black stallion at a small Arabian port on the Red Sea. Between the black stallion and young boy, a strange understanding grew that you lead them through untold dangers as they journeyed to America. Nor could Alec understand that his adventures with the black stallion would capture the interest of an entire nation."

My Review: I remember reading this book (and the whole series as a kid) at my great grandmother's house, I have since inherited the set. I remember loving the book and the movie, so when I was looking for a book to listen to on audio with my son, I was thrilled that he selected this one. We both really enjoyed the book, the narration that we listened to was fantastic. The dramatic scenes kept us both excited to keep reading the book. We watched the movie after finishing but both agreed that the book was better. I think we will continue reading this series together, it has been such a great experience and way to connect.

My Rating: There are so many great memories connected with this book and now I have one more to add to the list.  This was a great book for us to listen to together and hopefully we will continue to bond over the series with more books.  We both give this book Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment