Monday, November 30, 2020

November 2020 Wrap Up & December TBR

 Tomorrow is December, 2020 is nearly at an end! I have so many books I still want to read this year and so much I still need to get done before Christmas! I didn't feel like I accomplished much in November but looking back it wasn't so bad, I handmade 9 gifts, cleared the leaves from both our yard and the neighbor's, kept my house and office running relatively smoothly and read a few books! I have to start looking at the whole picture so I don't get so discouraged, and really it is about the whole picture, not just about the books. I don't just read books all day, I have so much else going on. Shall we check out the books I managed to read this month?!


First and foremost is my only actual challenge for the  year . . .

TBR Books from the Past 3 Years:
 I didn't manage to read a single book off my list from previous years :(

But I did read 2 books off my older TBR (not included in the last 3 years of hauls):
  





2020 Books added to TBR & Read:
I didn't do as great of a job with reading all the books I have purchased this month but in my defense I also added a lot less books to my TBR.  I also decided to really take a critical look at those books I have added and while I only read 4 books I purchased this year, I did also unhaul 7 more books I am unlikely to get to anytime in the next 2 to 3 years.  So in total I got 11 books off my books purchased this year, bringing my total unread, purchased books to 41. I do hope to get a good chunk more off that list by the end of the year since I made the promise to myself to remove 2 books off my current TBR shelves for each book I added this year but didn't read (up until today's date, I am not counting books added in December since there will be very little time to read those).
 





November Additions:
I am so, so proud of myself this month! I only picked up 2 books and of those 2 I read one of them! This is by far the best month I have had at sticking to my goals of purchasing less books. I am hoping to get a few books for Christmas and I asked for some pretty chunky ones, so I was hoping to keep my purchases down more. 
  
 




In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads:
None


Borrowed Books:
29. A Likely Story


Books Over 500 Pages:


Requested Reviews: 
Christmas in the Rockies (Pump Up Your Book)
Selling Christmas  (Pump Up Your Book)
Camelot's Betrayal (Netgalley)
A Dog's Perfect Christmas (Netgalley)
Tom and Jerry Wordless Graphic Novel (Netgalley)



November Reading Stats:
I read a total of 16 books this month
1,612 pages read and 1 days,18 hours and 50 minute of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I have pretty much given up on this goal, if I can just focus on not adding to it at this point I will be happy. - :(
2. Purchase Less Books: Last year I only purchased 4 books in the month of November, I doubted I could beat that but managed to only pick up 2 books!  - CHECK
3. Read Big Books: I didn't manage to squeeze in any big books this month, I had every intention to participate in Tome Topple but I just didn't get it done.  With that said, I am still super happy with the 14 that I have read already this year. - :(
4. Interact: Still struggling with balancing in person life and online life. I haven't even posted on Instagram in ages. I just need to find that balance again.  The good news is that we made a ton of progress on a whole house purge and organize, so I feel like I don't have as much hanging over my head constantly. - :/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't had a whole lot of reading time lately but with that said; I still have a few more books to get read for my Advent Reads event, so I will be reading a bunch more holiday books over the next 2 weeks. I also have a lot of review books to get caught up on, I have fallen a bit behind schedule but hope to be caught up by the middle of January. Finally, there are a few books I picked up this year that I really, really want to get to soon. Hopefully the holiday books won't take long since they are so light and fluffy and I can get into some of these other books on the list.

For TBR List


and for requested reviews


What are the last books you hope to read before the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment