Sunday, August 2, 2020

July 2020 Wrap Up and August TBR

Well, July was a bit of a disappointing reading month, probably one of my worst reading months in years.  With that said, I set out this month planning to focus on purchasing less books and getting catching up on my requested reviews.  With that in mind, it was a pretty successful month. I only purchased 6 books (and read 4 of the books I have picked up this year), I also read 3 borrowed books, 1 book over 500 pages and read 9 of my requested review books!

First and foremost is my only actual challenge for the  year . . .

TBR Books from the Past 3 Years:
I only read/ DNF 1 book off the TBR list from the last 3 years, also ended up Unhauling the rest of the series as well.



I didn't read any books off my older TBR (not included in the last 3 years of hauls):




2020 Books added to TBR & Read:
As I said above, this might have been one of my worst reading months. I did manage to read some recent purchases and a couple of them were amazing!
 
 
 


June Additions:
I set out at the beginning of the year to only purchase 1 book per week with a couple of exceptions. Obviously the past couple of months, I have kind of failed at that goal.  But the good news is that i have nearly gotten myself back on track with it.
 
 
 

So in the 5 weeks of this month, I have only added 6 books and one of them was a gift so it doesn't count.  I also read 2 of them.  So based on the last couple of months, I feel like this is major progress. Now with all the releases coming out in the next 2 months, I can't guarantee I will be able to stick with this goal!



In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads:
None


Borrowed Books:

Books Over 500 Pages:
9. Book of Dragons (579)


Requested Reviews:
Lola Hopscotch and the First Day of School (Direct)
Book of Dragons (Netgalley)
Her Second Chance Cowboy (Pump Up Your Book)



July Reading Stats:
I read a total of 19 books this month
2,191 pages read and 3 days, 5 hours and 58 minute of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I have pretty much given up on this goal, if I can just focus on not adding to it at this point I will be happy. - :(
2. Purchase Less Books:Last year I had purchased 10 books in July, this year it was 6. Less, definitely, 1 book a week? Still not yet but I am happy with it.  - CHECK
3. Read Big Books:I manage to squeeze in one book over 500 pages. It was a requested review, so not one from my TBR but still a big one - CHECK
4. Interact: Still struggling with balancing in person life and online life. I haven't even posted on Instagram in ages. I just need to find that balance again.  The good news is that we made a ton of progress on a whole house purge and organize, so I feel like I don't have as much hanging over my head constantly. - :/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So last month,  didn't even come close to reading all the books on my TBR, but I did make some progress on my requested reviews.  I am going to continue focusing on that list and try my best to get it mostly caught up this month. With that said, we also have the Tome Topple readathon in August and Bout of Books in August, so I want to really push myself this month.

For TBR List
A Heart of Blood and Ash
So this might be a little overly ambitious but I really want to try to get to as many of these as I can in August. I do have a vacation coming up in August, a little getaway outside of the house and into no cell/internet zone, so I hope to work on some of these at that time too! 

Does your TBR feel out of control lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment