Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Review of Steel Tide by Natalie C. Parker

Read for: Recently Added/ Audio Book

Review of Previous Book:

Synopsis: "The second book in a heart-stopping trilogy that follows the captain of an all-female ship intent on taking down a vicious warlord's powerful fleet.

Caledonia may have lost her crew, but she's not done fighting yet. After nearly dying at the hand of a powerful foe, Caledonia is pulled from the sea and nursed back to health by a crew of former Bullets that call themselves Blades. The Blades escaped Aric Athair's clutches and now live a nomadic existence, ready to disappear at a moment's notice should trouble come their way.

But Caledonia wants to do more than just hide. She wants to find the Mors Navis and her beloved sisters. She wants to continue fighting Aric's fleet and to take back the Bullet seas. She'll need to do everything in her power to convince the Blades that fighting is their only option, that there has to be a life better than the one under Aric Athair's reign, and that finding the women of the Mors Navis is the first step to revolution."

My Review: I really loved Seafire a couple of years ago but the cover change kind of threw me off the series. But with the final book coming out soon, I figured it was about time to pick it up. I had forgotten the cliff-hanger ending of the first book! This jumps right in a couple of days later. It was surprisingly easy to slip back into this world and series. The writing style is so smooth and the characters so vivid, it was really easy to recall several of the main characters. This was quite an adventure with a lot of suspense and action. I was a little worried at first that it wasn't going to be as focused on being on the water but we still got all the pirate-like feel of the first book in this one. It definitely brought me right back into the series and I cannot wait for the final book!

My Rating: I was so pleasantly surprised that I was able to really get back into this world so easily, even after reading the first book 2 years ago.  This was a great action book and didn't really suffer from the second book slump. There were revelations made, world and character development and movement in the story. I give it a solid Four Paw rating!

No comments:

Post a Comment