Saturday, May 23, 2020

Graphic Novel; Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman & Illustrated by Colleen Doran

Read for: Graphic Novel & Borrowed Books

Synopsis: "A chilling fantasy retelling of the Snow White fairy tale by bestselling creators Neil Gaiman and Colleen Doran.

A not-so-evil queen is terrified of her monstrous stepdaughter and determined to repel this creature and save her kingdom from a world where happy endings aren't so happily ever after.

From the Hugo, Bram Stoker, Locus, World Fantasy, Nebula Award-winning and Sunday Times-bestselling writer Neil Gaiman (American Gods) comes this graphic novel adaptation by Colleen Doran (Troll Bridge)."

My Review: I have had my eye on this one for a while and finally found it at my local library. It is definitely a much darker retelling of Snow white than Disney watching folks are used to and is clearly meant for an adult audience. I like the perspective of the step-mother/queen and the different take on Snow White. The illustration style is bright and detailed and so stunning! This was a very different and unique take on the story of Snow White and I so enjoyed it!

My Rating: While this one may not be for every reader, because it is very dark and twisted, I really liked the different take on the classic fairy tale. I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment