Thursday, April 23, 2020

Review of Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur (Poetry Month)

Read for: Audio/ Poetry Month

Synopsis: "Milk and honey' is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. 'milk and honey' takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look."

My Review: I have been eyeing this book for quite a while and I finally decided to take the plunge. I found the audio book on Overdrive at my library and it is narrated by the author. I would highly recommend listening to it! Poetry is one of those things, while beautiful and relatable on paper, is just so much more powerful when read with the conviction of the author themselves. These words were truly powerful and ones that I plan to return to again sometime.

My Rating: I am so glad I was able to listen to the audio book of this one, I think it had even more of an impact on me that it would have read if I was reading it.  I highly recommend it and give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment