Sunday, March 1, 2020

February 2020 Wrap Up & March TBR

February is over and I am definitely getting spring fever already! While I didn't get as much reading done this month as I had hoped, what reading I did do was a lot of big books! I am feeling rather on track for this year for most of my challenges but I do need to step up my game working on the list of books from the last 3 years! 

First and foremost is my only actual challenge for the  year . . .

TBR Books from the Past 3 Years:
I read 4 books off the TBR list from the last 3 years, again, not as many as I wanted to read but with one pretty big book, I am okay with it.

   


I also read 2 more books off my older TBR (not included in the last 3 years of hauls):
 


2020 Books added to TBR & Read:
Since I am also limiting my book purchases this year and trying to keep up with reading them, I figured I better add a section to show you the new additions I have read.


 


February Additions:
I didn't do a great job of sticking to only one book per week purchased but since I was caught up on all the other books I had purchased so far this year, I figured why not! Also by the end of this month, it all evened out.  So far this year we have had 9 weeks and I have purchased 9 books and received 3 books as gifts. 

  
  
So of the 6 books I added this month, A Blight of Blackwings and Talk to the Paw have been read. Stealing Thunder and The Eyes of Tamburah were both gifts as well.  I am expecting this list to explode this next month due to the fact that it is my birthday month and I have an order from Book Outlet coming and a couple of little bookish shopping sprees planned for my birthday. But like I said at the beginning of the year, my birthday is one of the exceptions for my strict rules!



In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads:
None this month


Borrowed Books:
2. Mooncakes
3. Ten Thousand Doors of January


Books Over 500 Pages:
3. Steel Crow Saga (528)
4. The Language of Fire (512)
5. Ruin (768) 



Requested Reviews:
Everything (Caffeinated PR)
Rescuing the Ranger (Caffeinated PR)
If . . . (Netgalley)
Pop Flies, Robo-Pets and Other Disasters (Netgalley)
Dewdrop (Netgalley)
How to Tie a Shoe (Netgalley)
Tucker: Eternity Springs (Publisher)
The Unspoken Name (Netgalley)



January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 23 books this month
4,178 pages read and 2 days, 16 hours and 8 minute of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: Once again I didn't quite meet my goal for reading books off my TBR with only 4 books plus 2 not included in the original lists; but like last month I am still really happy with the progress with one of the bigger books off that TBR.  - CHECK
2. Purchase Less Books: Technically I am still on target with only purchasing one book per week, even though they were more lumped together. I do need to work on catching up with reading those books though.- CHECK
3. Read Big Books: I am insanely happy with the progress on this front, thanks to Tome Topple, I read 3 books over 500 pages, one of which was over 750! I also read a couple that came very close as well.  With only 2 months in I have read over half of my goal of 10 books over 500 pages!  I am going to give myself a little pass for March (even though I have one on my TBR) - CHECK 
4. Interact: I haven't been doing as well with this as I had planned. It has been a bit chaotic in the office this month with both work and school holidays (Munchkin comes to the office with me and makes it even harder to keep up with work). I have however been making sure to interact here and on Instagram with those who comment and I have been linking up when needed for series posts (Can't Wait Wednesday). So I am going to call it a win for now but mark it down for needing further improvement. - CHECK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't quite able to read all the books on my TBR for last month but I find I am continuing to pile on overly ambitious TBRs.  March brings not only my birthday month but also Middle Grade March! So I am looking at pushing through a big pile of books (you can check out my Middle Grade March TBR posted last Friday, the list is too long to include here). With that said, as much as I love MG books, I do need some more adult books to balance things out and I am trying to squeeze in my last winter atmospheric reads before spring really gets in full swing here.


For TBR List
The Winter King
The Bromance Book Club
Queen of Nothing
The Test
The Winternight Trilogy
Treading Water Series (Books 1-4)
The Last Man (Instagram Readalong)



Yikes! Looks like I have a lot of reading to do this month but I am so looking forward to it! Do you ever make too large of a TBR for the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment