Saturday, January 25, 2020

Date Night Review of Mister Black by P.T. Michelle

Read for: TBR Book

Synopsis: "When Talia crashes a masked party, the charismatic and dominant Mister Black is the one man who can either help or expose her. Neither can deny their attraction, but what happens when one hot night together turns into so much more...

We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective.

My person is MISTER BLACK.
I didn’t know him by that name when I first met him.
I didn’t know him at all, but the impression he left behind was just as powerful as the name I call him today.

He is Black: a deadly enforcer and masterful seducer.
I am Red: a justice bleeder and willing participant.
Together we are passion. Colors colliding through each other’s lives.

When our secrets converge in a passionate encounter,
stepping out of the shadows just might be worth the risk.

NOTE: MISTER BLACK is meant for readers 18+ due to mature content. This is part 1 in the IN THE SHADOWS series and is 154 print pages. The series must be read in the following order: MISTER BLACK (Part 1, 154 print pages novella), SCARLETT RED (Part 2, 275 print pages novel), and BLACKEST RED (Part 3, 371 print pages novel). All three books in Sebastian and Talia's epic love story are now available in eBook, print and audiobook formats."

My Review: I have had this ebook sitting on my TBR for several years so I thought I should give it a try before downloading the rest of the series. I enjoyed the second chance romance, it isn't often I reach for this type of romance. I also enjoyed the bit of investigative story line, it adds a touch of danger to the story, just enough. I loved Sebastian and I think I will continue with the series just to keep reading about him. Talia was okay, I felt like she is a bit flat in this first book but there is definitely some room for character development throughout the series. I was a bit disappointed in the issues with lack of communication, it felt like it was a bit of a fabrication and unnecessary to keep certain secrets, might be one of my pet peeves. I do have to say that while this starts off pretty tame, it takes quite a turn and gets very steamy very fast!

My Rating: While I wasn't a fan of the all too common conflict trope of failing to communicate, I am intrigued by Sebastian's character enough that I will most likely be picking up the next book.  I give this one a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment