Saturday, December 28, 2019

Graphic Novel Review of The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy

Read for: Recently Added

Synopsis: "Enter the world of Charlie's four unlikely friends, discover their story and their most important life lessons.

The conversations of the boy, the mole, the fox and the horse have been shared thousands of times online, recreated in school art classes, hung on hospital walls and turned into tattoos. In Charlie's first book, you will find his most-loved illustrations and some new ones too."

My Review: I have been eyeing this book for a bit but when it was voted Barnes & Noble's Book of the Year 2019, I was able to pick it up locally. I can completely understand why it was voted Book of the Year! This book is beautiful with beautiful writing, and stunning illustrations. All that is wrapped around some of the simplest but most amazing words of wisdom. This book hit me at just the right time and they gave me such peace. I will keep this book handy as I want to use it as guidance in the coming year.

My Rating: I cannot say enough about or recommend this book enough to you, even pictures online do not do the beauty of this book justice.  Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy, even if it is just to borrow from a friend or from the library.  I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment