Thursday, September 19, 2019

Football Book Tag

While I haven't reminded all of you recently, I am a huge football fan! When I saw the Football Book Tag on What Cass Read on Youtube, I knew I had to post this tag!  This tag was originally created by Elliott Brooks on Youtube.

So without further ado, here is the Football Book Tag . . .


1. False Start--What's a book you had to start more than once?
I had heard great things about this one but I should have known when it is compared to Harry Potter that it just wasn't the book for me. I tried it 3 times and was finally able to push through with the audio book.
2. MVP--What are your Most Valued Pages, aka, which books do you value the most?
 
It is a toss up between my signed and personalized ARC of Fire and my collection of Frankenstein which consists of some beautiful limited editions and some vintage editions dating back to 1919.
3. Offensive Lineman--Name a really big book or series?
 
 
How is that for an O-line? Clocking in at a hefty 2,848 page series, I think this constitutes as a big series.  I know I have been talking about this series for a while but these chunky books are the ones that keep taunting me from my TBR shelf, taking up almost half a shelf by themselves.  I am determined to get through them!
4. Rookie--Name a debut novel you want to read or that you loved.
I absolutely fell in love with Amanda Bouchet's writing as soon as I read her debut novel, A Promise of Fire.  She has become one of my auto-buy authors.
5. Peyton Manning--Name an author who has written two different books or series you love?
 
Years ago I read the Doppelganger duology by Marie Brennan and then last year I fell in love with her Lady Trent series, I have also read her Ree Varekai duology and really enjoyed it as well.


6. Lambeau Field--Name a book that's very atmospheric.
The Scorpio Races has been one of the most atmospheric books I have read, perfect to read in the fall on a cold rainy night!
7. Hail Mary--Name a book with a great ending.
While I may not have rated this super high, it still had quite a statement ending, one you won't forget!

8. Raiders--Name a book or series with intense fans.
There isn't a fandom out there with more rabid and intense fans than the Harry Potter series. For those of us who didn't enjoy it, we are kind of left in the cold and looked down upon for not enjoying some of the greatest books out there (at least according to the fandom).
9. Walter Payton Man of the Year--Name an author who's really charitable?
I don't often follow authors and find out what they are doing but I enjoy Jay Kristoff's personality. I have found over the past year or so that he is not only generous with his charity of choice but he is also generous with his fans.
10. Patriots--Name a book or series you're SO TIRED of hearing about.
I only made it through book 4 of this series and couldn't stand the MC anymore, but people just don't stop talking about this series!  (Note: I kind of live in Patriots nation and am a fan by default and really enjoy watching the machine in play).
11. Brett Favre--What's a book or series you thought was over but then more books were written?
I barely found out about this book a couple of weeks before release but it is a continuation of the Lady Trent Series (well kind of a companion novel) and follows Isabella's Grand-daughter.

12. Cowboys--Name a book or series that people either love or hate.
I have heard people raving about this book and series and I have heard people who just can't get through it.  I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that it was pushed by a lot of YA readers but it is in fact an adult book and with it comes all the brutality of a world at war and with a lot of drug trafficking.  I actually landed in the middle of this one, I loved the beginning but the ending was so chaotic and rushed.

13. Trick Plays--Name a book or series with a plot twist.
I put off this series for so long because of the mixed reviews, but I am obsessed. There are so many twists and turns and you never know what is going to happen thanks to a rather unreliable narrator/character.

14. Cheerleaders--A book with a flashy cover.
I am probably one of the few people who isn't a fan of this cover, it is too bright, shiny gold for my liking.

15. Roughing the Passer--Name a book that you would love to throw at the author.
Give me the rest of the story dang it! This was supposed to be a 3 book set but after 9 years I have zero hope of ever seeing the ending.


Let me know if you also participate in this tag, it was really fun to bring these two vastly different loves of mine together.  Now back to your regular season program.


1 comment: