Thursday, July 25, 2019

TBR Thursday (4)



So I stumbled upon this feature at Purple People Readers (I am totally in love with the blog name LOL) and was originally created by Kimberly Faye Reads.

As you may know, I like so many other book lovers out there am struggling with a towering TBR.  I have been currently working on narrowing it down a little (check out my Instagram stories for Trash My TBR Thursdays). But I thought I would also bring that idea to my blog, where you can get a bit of a say in what stays on my TBR and what books it may be time to let go.

So let me know, should I keep it on my TBR, prioritize it, or let it go.  Have you read it? Let me know your thoughts on . . .

Title: Norwegian by Night
Author: Derek B. Miller
Series: Sigrid Ødegård Series - Book 1 (2 books so far)
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Format: Paperback
Length: 303 pages
Average Rating on Goodreads: 3.89 Stars
Time on TBR: Since December 29, 2014
Synopsis: "He will not admit it to Rhea and Lars - never, of course not - but Sheldon can't help but wonder what it is he's doing here..

Eighty-two years old, and recently widowed, Sheldon Horowitz has grudgingly moved to Oslo, with his grand-daughter and her Norwegian husband. An ex-Marine, he talks often to the ghosts of his past - the friends he lost in the Pacific and the son who followed him into the US Army, and to his death in Vietnam.

When Sheldon witnesses the murder of a woman in his apartment complex, he rescues her six-year-old son and decides to run. Pursued by both the Balkan gang responsible for the murder, and the Norwegian police, he has to rely on training from over half a century before to try and keep the boy safe. Against a strange and foreign landscape, this unlikely couple, who can't speak the same language, start to form a bond that may just save them both.

An extraordinary debut, featuring a memorable hero, Norwegian by Night is the last adventure of a man still trying to come to terms with the tragedies of his life. Compelling and sophisticated, it is both a chase through the woods thriller and an emotionally haunting novel about ageing and regret."



This was the Reading Across Rhode Island pick for 2015 I believe, obviously I didn't partake in any discussions! It is definitely way outside my reading genres but admittedly I am a sucker for all things Viking and Norwegian. I haven't heard a whole lot about this one nor have I felt the urge to pick it up.


Should I give it a try? Will it be a gateway into a new genre for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment