Friday, June 21, 2019

Bedtime Story: Everyone Loves Bacon by Kelly DiPucchio & Illustrated by Eric Wight

Read for: Children's Book Challenge

Synopsis: "Egg loves Bacon.

Lettuce loves Bacon. 
Waffle loves Bacon. 
Bacon is sizzling with popularity. 
And pretty much everyone thinks he is the best.



That is-until Bacon's fame goes to his head. He's so busy soaking up the attention, that he soon forgets the important things in life, like friendship and family. How will it all pan out for our dashing, delicious hero?"

My Review: As soon as I saw this book I knew I had to pick it up, because I do love Bacon! I was hoping it would be a book that gave Munchkin and me a good laugh, but it fell a little flat for us. It does have a great message about not letting popularity get in the way of friends and family, and how being loved by everyone may not lead to a happy life. The illustrations were silly and bright but again it just didn't work for us. Munchkin did like picking out the other food items and found that entertaining on each page.

My Rating: We were both pretty excited for this book but it just fell flat, we have read so many fantastic funny books lately and this couldn't hold up to them.  We give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.



Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment