Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Review of Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins

Read for: Audio Book Challenge/Recently Added 
& Loved the First Book!



Synopsis: "Millie Quint is devastated when she discovers that her sort-of-best friend/sort-of-girlfriend has been kissing someone else. And because Millie cannot stand the thought of confronting her ex every day, she decides to apply for scholarships to boarding schools . . . the farther from Houston the better.

Millie can't believe her luck when she's accepted into one of the world's most exclusive schools, located in the rolling highlands of Scotland. Everything about Scotland is different: the country is misty and green; the school is gorgeous, and the students think Americans are cute.

The only problem: Mille's roommate Flora is a total princess.

She's also an actual princess. Of Scotland.

At first, the girls can barely stand each other--Flora is both high-class and high-key--but before Millie knows it, she has another sort-of-best-friend/sort-of-girlfriend. Even though Princess Flora could be a new chapter in her love life, Millie knows the chances of happily ever afters are slim . . . after all, real life isn't a fairy tale . . . or is it?"

My Review: I don't normally enjoy YA contemporary romances but the first book in this series was everything I could have ever wanted. So of course this one was highly anticipated. I decided to listen to the audio book this time again, which I highly recommend with all the fantastic accents! It took me a bit to get into as we started off with Millie, a completely new character, instead of with Flora as I had expected. I did however come to adore Millie. While we met Flora in the previous book and got to know her, we are again introduced to her from an outside perspective and it took a while to get back to what we had begun to learn about her personality in the previous book. We do get to see all the characters from the previous book, but only briefly, which is great if you hadn't read it, you can read each of them as standalone books if you really want. This was such a fun and light read that will have you chuckling and awe-ing over the romantic moments. It would be a great summer read, but again I highly recommend the audio books to get that lovely accent!

My Rating: This was once such a light, fun read.  It did seem to have a little more of a serious tone as opposed to the first book, which was mostly comedy.  I really hope there is more to come! I need a Seb book now!  I give this one a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment