Tuesday, April 16, 2019

It's Not Monday Reading List


It is Monday again, and time to update with what I read last week, what I am currently reading and what to look forward to next week.



Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
Binti by Nnedi Okorafor (Series Review)
Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor (Series Review)
Binti: The Night Masquerade  by Nnedi Okorafor (Series Review)

 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Malice
Aru Shah & the End of Time - DNF 35%
Newt
Mr. Putter and Tabby Drop the Ball



Currently Reading:
A Court of Thorns & Roses by Sarah J. Maas - Print - on page 193 of 419
Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend - ebook - on page 68 of 465


Pages Read/ Time Listened
213:17 Hours Listened (none listened this week)
10,492 Pages Read (764 this week)

Books Added to Shelves Recently: TBR
The Snow Gypsy
WarDance
Warsong
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just another hectic week! Busy office, hustle to get cards made, the 'oh crap Easter bunny needs the basket fillings moment', baseball practice started, birthday parties and then Munchkin went down with a nasty fever and cold.  Since I was out of work Friday and Monday with Munchkin, I am a little late getting this post up.

 I did manage to finish Malice last week, but it put me in a bit of a slump. I have been struggling to pick up any book since, it might just be that life in general has been hectic or it could be just a regular slump.  I DNFed Aru Shah last week and am on the verge of DNFing Nevermoor but I have already purchased the second book.  I haven't even started any of my Tome Topple books yet either.  So to try to fight off this reading slump I decided to pick up A Court of Thorns and Roses and A Court of Mist and Fury because I have been thinking about a couple of specific scenes in them recently and it has been a few years since I read them. I am crossing my fingers it pulls me out of the down hill slide.  The good thing about slumps is that I get extremely critical of my TBR books and book purchases, I might use this time to purge my shelves of books that I won't get to or don't have any interest in reading anymore.


How do you handle your reading slumps? What is the most recent book to put you in a hangover?

No comments:

Post a Comment