Saturday, August 18, 2018

Arrg-ust Graphic Novel Review of Polly and the Pirates Vol. 1 by Ted Naifeh

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge & Arrgust

Synopsis: "Polly is caught between the prim-and-proper boarding school set she's grown-up with and the legendary legacy of the Pirate Queen that she never knew she was a part of! But which is the cruel, cold world and which is the care-free paradise? And does it even matter when there's a dashing pirate prince involved? Hoist the sails and batten the hatches on this brand new adventure!"

My Review: I was on the hunt for a pirate comic and came across this graphic novel. I love women pirates and had to give this a try. Though I found Polly to be a little young, it was a fun and exciting book to read. I loved the art style and what seems to be an alternate United States shore line. I loved Polly's character development throughout the story and her clever, outside the box ideas. It was quite the adventure and one I really want to continue reading.

My Rating: I am really glad I discovered this series! Polly does seem awfully young but she is entertaining and I loved the unique art style as well. I give it a rating of Four Paws!

1 comment: