Saturday, March 31, 2018

March 2018 Challenge Update & April TBR

Wow! This year is absolutely flying by! I cannot believe that we are already a quarter of the way through the year and spring is here already! I have done a ton of reading this month, even though most of it was Middle Grade books.  I also managed to really sort through a lot of my books and Unhaul a bunch on my TBR which I am very happy about too.  All in all a rather successful month.

Children's Book Challenge:
30 - 40 books

Early Reader Challenge:
30-40 books


Graphic Novel Challenge:
23-28 books


Audio Book Challenge:
28-32 books

Classics Challenge:
5 books (1 re-read)
2. Frankenstein (re-read)
3. The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Stories


Series Challenge:
4 full series & 6 duologies
Memoirs of Lady Trent Series (5 books & 1 novella): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 3.5Book 4Book 5 - COMPLETE
Butler VT/Green Mountain Series (9 books & 2 novellas): (Books 1-3 read in 2017) Book 4Book 4.5Book 5Book 6Book 7Book 8
Nevernight Chronicles (3 books so far): Book 1
Winternight Trilogy (3 books): Book 1Book 2
Unicorn's Secret (8 books): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 4
Ree Verakai Duology (2 books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
Ixian Chronicles: Book 1
The Selection Series (5 books & collection of novellas): Book 1Book 2
Kingdom of Wrenly (13 books so far): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 4


Requested Reviews:
No more than 25
None this Month


TBR Challenge:
50-75 books that I already own as of 12/31/2017
26. Dinosaur Racing
27. The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Stories





Books Added to Shelves in 2018:
As I read the books I purchase this year I will add a link (I will also note the month they were purchased/ read)
1. Plague of Giants (Jan./)
2. Moonsilver (Jan./ Jan.)
3. Silver Thread (Jan./Jan.)
4. The Silver Bracelet (Jan./ Jan.)
5. Mountains of the Moon (Jan./ Feb.)
6. Practical Magic (Jan./)
7. I Love My Love (Jan./ Feb.)
9. Gods of the North (Jan./March)
10. We Have Always Lived in a Castle (Jan./)
12. Heart on Fire (Jan./ Jan.)
13.To the Sky Kingdom (Feb./ )
15. Letters from Wolfie (Feb./March )
16. Ketchup Clouds (Feb./ )
17. Dead Man's Walk (Feb./ )
18. Luck Love and Lemon Pie (Feb./ )
19. Beartown (Feb./ )
21. Listen, Slowly (Feb./March) - DNF
22. Ravenous (Feb./ ) - UNHAUL
23. Monstrous (Feb./March )
24. The Astounding Broccoli Boy (Feb./March ) *
25. Terrier (Feb./ )
26. Lonesome Dove (Feb./ )
27. As Brave as You (Feb./ March )
28. Smuggler's Run (Feb./Feb. )
29. The Lost Stone (Feb./March )
30. The Scarlet Dragon (Feb./ March)
31. Sea Monster (Feb./March )
32. Daughter of the Pirate King (Feb./ )
33. The Wolves of Winter (Feb./ )
34. Heaven on Earth (Feb./ Feb. )
35. Into the Fire (Feb./ March)
36. Still Waters (Feb./ )
37. Red Sister (March/March) *
38. Reflections of Yesterday (March/)
39. Sleeping Giants (March/)
40. Heir to the Jedi (March/)
41. Jedi Search (March/)
42. Heart of Iron (March/)
43. Here Comes the Sun (March/)
44. Hermes: Tales of the Trickster (March/ March)
45. The Witches Curse (March/March)
46. Emma's Dream (March/)
47. Eko (March/)
48. Star Wars: Moving Target (March/)
49. Caging Merrow (March/)
50. The Fifth Season (March/)
51. His Dark Endeavor (March/)
52. The Traveling Cat Chronicles (March/)
53. Greedy Pigs (March/)
54. Lustlocked (March/)
55. Black Powder War (March/)
56. Throne of Jade (March/)
57. The Scandalous Mackenzies (March/)
58. The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (March/)
59. The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (March/)
60. Lady Castle (March/)
61. Frankenstein Alive, Alive (March/)
62. Frankenstein Alive Alive Trio (March/)
63. Long Walk to Valhalla (March/)
64. Hard to Serve (March/)
65. Mastering Her Senses (March/)
66. Theirs to Take (March/)
67. The Sapphire Affair (March/)




March Reading Stats:
I read a total of 32 books this month
3,629 pages read and 1 days, 13 hours and 28 minutes of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read Less Books: I read 40 books in the month of March last year and 32 this year so - Check!
2. Be More aware while reading: I made a ton of notes for the readalongs, especially Frankenstein - Check!
3. Read More Chunky Books (12 books over 450 pages in 2018): I did read one book over 450 pages this month, squeaked it out at the very end - Check
4. Use Library & Overdrive more: I have borrowed a bunch of books but only one I hadn't already purchased, I do have a couple on hold though. - Check!
5. Purge & Re-organize shelves: I DNFed 3 books and pulled 3 more off the shelves for donation. I also used Try a Chapter go to through all my subscription box books and added 11 (at least at the time of typing this) to my Unhaul pile - Check!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I read nearly all the books I set out to read last month, except the big chunky ones, so that will be one of my focuses this month. I also really need to buckle down and read some of my RI author books.  As Spring is finally arriving I need to start getting ahead since the busy season will be starting, in fact Monday already marks the first Tball Practice!  So here is the TBR I have set for April

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
A Plague of Giants by Kevin Hearne
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
The One by Kiera Cass (buddy read)
Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence
Still Waters by Mari Carr
Secret Hunger by Satin Russell
One White Lie by Jeannette Winters
The Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Arnim
Here Comes the Sun by Marie Force
The Reluctant Queen by Sarah Beth Durst
From a Certain Point of View (various authors)
Traitor's Blade by Sebastian De Castell
The Trail by Ray K. Anderson
Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

And several children's books and early readers in preparation for Children's Book Week!


How did your March go? What book did you not get to in March that will be top of your TBR for April?





2 comments:

  1. Way to meet your goals! I’m impressed! I didn’t have any reading goals but read way more than I thought I would. That’s good, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I have been meeting my goals, not only the TBRs I set out but also the annual goals. That is awesome that you were able to read so much this month, hope you get to keep going!

      Delete