Sunday, March 25, 2018

1st Quarter Mini Reviews: Re-Reads, The Star-Touched Queen, Gods of the North & More

So with reading and reviewing so many books, I am running out of days in which to share them with you.  I am going to start posting Mini Reviews of books that I read through out the year but couldn't find the time to post on the last Sunday of each quarter.

I used to post Mini Reviews each month but I have decided to post them each quarter.  With lumping my reviews for series and reading less books, there is a little more time to keep up with posting reviews, hence less Mini Reviews are needed.  So at the end of every three months I will post my mini reviews for that quarter.  I hope you like this new way of posting them!


This was a re-read and I really enjoyed it, even though I knew what happened.  I did find myself picking up new small details (and maybe a few issues).  Four Paws


Another re-read/ readalong that was just as engrossing the second time around.  It was fun to slow down and really take in the details and pick up more of the little nuances. Four Paws and a Stump Wag.


I so wanted to like this story! Stunning cover and re-telling of Hades & Persephone but it was a big let down, rather confusing and didn't enjoy the characters (except the people hating/soul eating snarky undead horse). One Paw and a Stump Wag


7th book in this series and I was loosing faith, this restored it a bit but not fully. I did like the integration of Norse Mythology and may continue the series if more types of mythology are added.  Two Paws and a Stump Wag.


I have heard so many say this was a favorite from their childhood, I was a little disappointed. It has a nice message but I don't think it is ever fully reached. Not exactly a happy story to read with kids.  Two Paws




2 comments:

  1. I need to read Poison Study. I hear such good things. Sorry some of these were disappointing. Yay for rereads, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a chance to read Poison Study, a lot of people aren't really impressed with the first book but it is totally worth sticking with the series. I love re-reads but I just don't do it enough.

      Delete