Saturday, December 16, 2017

Stress Free Holidays: Don't Over Do the Goodies

Welcome to my Stress Free Holidays series, I will be sharing some tips to reduce the amount of stress this time of year puts on all of us.  Some are ones I have used, some are ones I will be instituting this year, and some I will be using in the future.  If you have any great ways to reduce the amount of stress please feel free to share them with us!

One of the biggest complaints I have heard from friends and co-workers is all the baking they have to do during the holidays, but who says you have to do all of that?!  So many people make multiple varieties of goodies, and while I am sure they are all delicious and much loved by the recipients, there really is no need to put that much pressure on yourself.  If you do enjoy the baking and have the time for it than feel free but if not don't worry about it.  In my opinion and experience, it is best to pick 2 - 3 types of goodies and just make several batches instead of making 1 batch of 6-8 or more types.  For me I make Chex Mix (sometimes upwards of a dozen batches), Cheese Ball (about 4 batches) and one batch of cookies for Munchkin to give Santa. While it is still time consuming, you end up not needing a wide variety of ingredients and it is easier and more streamlined to make the same goodies again and again. So maybe ask your family what the absolute must have holiday treat is and only make the one or two. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! That’s what I’m doing this year. Last year I made like 8 different goodies and by the end of the day I had a horrible cold that turned into pneumonia. Never again. The people I gave stuff to may have gotten sick and I spent Christmas and New Years hacking my lungs out. This year I’m doing three treats that are easy peasy. Lots less stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck, definitely no need to run yourself into the ground like that, the less you sleep and more stress you are under, the lower your immune system. Hopefully it goes better for you this year!

      Delete