Friday, December 15, 2017

Advent Reads Day 15: Merry Christmas, Mouse by Laura Numeroff

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Children's Book Challenge

Synopsis: "Join Mouse from "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" as he decorates his Christmas tree in a holiday counting adventure."

My Review: This is a very simple book for the holiday season. Mouse is decorating his tree and counts the different types of ornaments he is adding to the tree. There really isn't a story line more of just a counting book which may be a little too brief for older children but possibly a good one for those just learning to read on their own. Still love the classic If You Give a Mouse a Cookie illustration style.

My Rating: While we loved the mouse and the way it connects to the other books, it was a little young for Munchkin.  This book would have been great as a board book for non-readers.  We did still enjoy it and give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment