Friday, December 1, 2017

Advent Reads Day 1: The Snowman and the Snowdog by Raymond Briggs

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Read for: Early Reader Challenge & We love this Christmas Movie


Synopsis: "A new Christmas classic based on Raymond Briggs’s holiday favorite The Snowman.

In this holiday picture book, a companion to Raymond Briggs’s The Snowman, a little boy builds a snow puppy next to his snowman—in hopes of getting a real puppy for Christmas. That night the Snowman comes to life and takes the boy and the Snowdog on an adventure to the world of Snow People. But the best is yet to come on Christmas morning, when a real, live puppy is waiting under the tree.

Based on the original classic by Raymond Briggs, which has sold over 8.5 million copies and is available in fifteen languages, the story and illustrations are by the creators of the animated special by the same name."


My Review: We love this movie and watch it every year for the holidays, so of course I had to pick it up for Munchkin when I found the book. This is a perfect level one early reader book with very simple sentences and easy words young readers will be familiar with. A great Christmas story to extend the love of the movie into story time, it has the same soothing tone and illustrations as the movie and is perfect for bedtime.

My Rating:  I love how this book expanded upon what happened in the movie but it still kept the same tone.  We love it and will be reading it often during this holiday season! We give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!



Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment