Thursday, November 23, 2017

Early Reader Review of I Spy Thanksgiving by Jean Marzollo

Read for: Early Reader Challenge & Thanksgiving

Synopsis: "A Thanksgiving search-and-find I Spy reader!

All new, easy-to-read riddles by Jean Marzollo are paired with Walter Wick's fun photographs culled from previously published I Spy books to create this I Spy easy reader that's perfect for Thanksgiving!"


My Review: I picked this one up to hopefully keep Munchkin busy during dinner prep. While it is a great Level 1 Reader and I Spy book, there really isn't much to make it Thanksgiving oriented. I was expecting more things like pilgrim hats, ears of corn, etc. while there were a few things it just didn't seem very Thanksgiving like to me. The one thing I really liked about this one is it not only had search and find pictures but also words, match the words, words that start with the same letter, and more that were a great challenge for a young reader.

My Rating: While it wasn't quite as holiday themed as I would have like or I expected but it is still a fun book to keep young readers busy. Easy to read and interactive too.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.




Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating!

2 comments:

  1. I was excited when I saw the cover, but I'm sad to hear that there wasn't too much Thanksgiving stuff in it. Gnome loves I spy and look and find stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s depressing. Why even bother sticking to the theme then? Oh well. At least it was still enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete