Sunday, August 6, 2017

Tome Topple Readathon Sign Up & Updates

I participated in the Tome Topple Readathon early this year and it was a lot of fun to challenge myself to reading those chunky books on my shelf that I put off sometimes.  I still have some pretty big books to read this year so thought I would join up again.

 I discovered the Tome Topple Challenge through Sam at Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube and the Readathon is hosted as a Goodreads Group. The goal for this challenge is to tackle the Tomes on your shelf, books over 500 pages.  There are a few challenges to help you along, but are not a requirement.  Those challenges are A) read 2 or more tomes, B) read a Graphic Novel, C) buddy read a tome, D) read a tome that is part of a series, and E) read an adult tome. The readathon takes place from August 4th at midnight until August 17th.    (There is also a photo challenge this time around on Instagram, check it out @ThoughtsonTomes)

I will try to post updated at the bottom of this post every few days but I will also be posting on Instagram @EasternSunset9



So here is my Tomes to be Toppled:

The Kingmaking - 574 pages






Are you participating in the Tome Topple? If yes what are you reading? If not what would be your tome choice? What chunky book do you find intimidating?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Mid-Readathon Update:

It has been very slow going, as I expected it would.  I started out with The Kingmaking since this is a book that has been on my shelves for years and I have been intimidated by it.  I had planned on reading until about half way and then taking a break with The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue.  But now I am on page 357, nearly 2/3 of the way through and I am really enjoying the story and don't want to put it down.  I hope to continue at the recent pace of about 75-100 pages a day to finish over the weekend and give myself time to read my second book, but we will see.

Oh and I hope you have been following along on my Instagram as I have been participating in the photo challenge every day and I am super proud of keeping up with it!


How is your readathon going?

4 comments:

  1. Big books can be intimidating. I was so intimidated by David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, but when I finally got up the courage to read it, I LOVED it! It is my favorite Dickens novel. That experience has made me less afraid to read bigger books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I am always intimidated by big books, a lot of times it is more the fact that in the time it would take me to read a big book I could have read 2 or 3 or more shorter books that I would love just as much.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I'll participate officially but I totally could. I'm going to try tackling Stephen King's IT this month. Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with It, Stephen King is one that I don't think I will pick up again, The Stand terrified me in high school LOL!

      Delete