Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Books Without Romance


Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tome on Youtube.


While I specifically look for romance in my books, I usually really enjoy that element, but with that said some of my all time favorite books are romance free. I also wanted to challenge myself with recommending some books that I normally don't recommend (which means I will be leaving off some of my favorites like Frankenstein, Lord of the Flies, Divine Comedy, etc.).  So here are some of my top 5 books without a romantic subplot. . . 

This book really features a wide variety of friendly and loving relationships but without the romance. And it still is full of emotions!

Similar to A Man Called Ove, this book is full of emotions and loving relationships without the romance.

I don't pick them up often but I am a huge fan of westerns and this one is such a classic. Even having seen the movie first, this is a great read.


This book was fantastic, beautiful world building and interesting characters, a type of love does develop but it is not a romantic type. Just beware, this is a major cliffhanger ending and there is not sequel in sight!

How about a graphic novel for you?! This might be one of my all time favorites, and again a type of loving relationship does develop but it is not a romantic one. Some great characters and a great story line and beautiful artwork all in one book.





So there you have in no particular order some of my top 5 non romantic books. I know a lot of you out there prefer books with out the romance, so tell me some of your favorites so I can add them to my TBR



2 comments:

  1. I'm happier when there's little to no romance in books as well.
    Don't tell me this about Pegasus! At least o haven't read it yet. Maybe I should just keep putting it off until she writes more books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I loved Pegasus so much but it was such a dramatic cliffhanger ending that it nearly killed me to wait a year, then two and now I think 4 or 5 years with no new book coming yet.

      Delete