Sunday, July 2, 2017

June 2017 Challenge Update

I cannot believe that we are already half way through the year! Where is the time going?!  I have to say though I did a terrible job of limiting myself on books this year and slowing down on my reading.  I am already near 200 books read this year, but I must say a vast majority of the books I have read so far have been awesome.  I also want to say, I was doing so good not buying more books than I read but this month things got a little out of hand and I purchased 22 books this month alone! That is almost as many as I had purchased in the previous 5 months.  Oh well, at least I am right on target with the rest of my challenges. So here are the updates on my challenges so far this year (these are only the books read this month but you can see my full year list on my challenges tab up above).


Children's Book Challenge
37. The Beastly Pirates
38. Dear Teacher
39. There is a Bird on Your Head
40. Last Day Blues
41. Catch Crusher


Early Reader Challenge
29. Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher
30. Otter: Hello, Sea Friends!


Graphic Novel Challenge
12. Saga Vol. 6
13. Angel Catbird Vol. 1
14. Local


Audio Book Challenge:
13. The Princess Diarist
14. The Simplicity of Cider



Trilogy Challenge:
1.  Snow Like Ashes Trilogy: Book 1, Book .1, Book 2Book 2.5, Book 3 - COMPLETE
2. Winner's Curse Trilogy: Book .5, Book 1Book 2Book 3 - COMPLETE
3. Sons of the Revolution Trilogy: Book 1Book 2Book 3 - COMPLETE
4. Watersmeet Series: Book 1Book 2Book 3 - COMPLETE
5. A Court of Thorns & Roses Series: Book 1, Book 2Book 3 - COMPLETE
6. Ralph S. Mouse Trilogy: Book 1Book 2, Book 3 - COMPLETE
7. Grisha Trilogy: Book 1, Book 2



Requested Reviews:
17. Run to Ground (netgalley)
18. The Waking Land (netgalley)



Books Added to Shelves
4. Winners Kiss
5. Bubble Trouble
6. Blaze Loves to Race
7. Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book
8. Heartstone
9. Beauty and the Beast
10. Norse Mythology
11. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 
12. Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Library
13. Trapped 
14. Samurai Rising

15. Pancho Bandito and the Amarillo Armadillo
16. The Mating - DNF
17. Hold Your Breath
18. Fan the Flames
19. The Keeper
20. Love and Muddy Puddles
21. Irish Rising
22. The Sculptor
23. Huck: Book 1- All American

24. Dawn Study
25. The Princess Diarist 
26. 
Name of the Wind
27. Gone Camping
28. Saga Vol. 7
29. Over the Garden Wall 
30. The Hundredth Queen 
31. A Court of Wings and Ruin 
32. On His Watch
33. In Safe Hands 
34. After the End
35. Seduced by the Billionaire 
36. The Simplicity of Cider

37. Wise Man's Fear 
38. Dragon Teeth 
39. Flame in the Mist 
40. How to Tame a Willful Wife
41. New World: Rising
42. The Sandcastle Empire
43. And I Darken 
44. Finding Wonders 
45. World Mythology in Bite Sized Chunks
46. Eliza and Her Monster
47. Turning Pointe 
48. When Dimple Met Rishi
49. Truthwitch 
50. Windwitch 
51. Done Dirt Cheap 
52. Frogkisser
53. Lawn Boy 
54. Code Talker
55. Princess Leia: Royal Rebel 

56. This Savage Song
57. American Street
58. Pax


TBR Shelf Books
53. Sword & Verse
54. Fangirl
55. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
56. Shadow & Bone
57. Seige & Storm




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn't seem like it but we have completed the first half of 2017, and usually the first half of the year is fairly calm for me. From now on things get a little busy for me, but I still have a lot of books I want to read this year.  The next couple of months I am going to focus on reading the books that I purchased for upcoming conventions and my trilogy challenge.

So time to figure out what I will be reading in July:

Ruin & Rising
Scythe
Bookshop at Water's End
Mask of Shadows
Songlines
Finding Wonders
When Dimple Met Rishi
Done Dirt Cheap
Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
Truthwitch
American Street
Geekerella
Pax
Dragon Teeth
start the Black Jewels Trilogy
and of course some children's books, early readers & graphic novels




It is summer time for us here in the north, do you tend to read more or less in the warm weather and on holidays or are you like me and find yourself too busy to read as much as usual?







4 comments:

  1. Crazy numbers, girl! You're amazing! I can't believe the year is half over. I don't read so much in the summer. There's always something going on that thwarts me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbers have gotten really crazy lately, so much for trying to slow my reading down huh?! I think I have really started narrowing in on my idea reading genres and it is showing in how much I enjoy nearly every book I pick up!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it is July already either. Where is the time going? I goes faster every year I swear! I love the variety of books your read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, time is flying by this year and I don't feel like I have really had the slow months like I normally do early in the year. These little ones keep us too busy we don't even notice the days flying by!

      Delete