Friday, July 28, 2017

Bedtime Story: Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

Read for: Children's Book Challenge

Synopsis: "This classic tale of the famous Mallard ducks of Boston is available for the first time in a full-sized paperback edition. Awarded the Caldecott Medal in 1942, Make Way for Ducklings has been described as "one of the merriest picture books ever" (The New York Times). Ideal for reading aloud, this book deserves a place of honor on every child's bookshelf."

My Review: This was a classic I had yet to introduce Munchkin to and I am glad I waited. This is a longer book that we are used to with the modern picture children's books. Munchkin did really enjoy it and was interested in how the duck family worked. I do hope to take him up to the statues in Boston soon, I think he will get really excited about them. It is a simple story and even though it is 75 years old it doesn't feel overly dated (other than the illustrations and style of vehicles).

My Rating: This was such a fun classic to share with Munchkin, he was so excited to find out that it took place somewhere he has been.  It is definitely a classic that still feels current and is a great book to have on your shelves.  We give it a rating of Four Paws!


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment