Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Sword & Verse by Kathy MacMillan
Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher by James Dean (Early Reader)
The Beastly Pirates by John Kelly (Bedtime Story - but don't read at bedtime)
Over the Garden Wall by Jim Campbell, Pat McHale & Amalia Levari (Graphic Novel)


 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows
Angel Catbird
Last Day Blues
A Court of Wings and Ruin
Catch Crusher

Currently Reading:
The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert - Audio - 53%
Waking Land by Callie Bates - Kindle - 18%






 Books to be Read Soon:



Pages Read/ Time Listened
117:20 Hours Listened (none listened this week)
29,082 Pages Read (1,619 this week)

Books Added to Shelves This Month
Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by JK Rowling
Samurai Rising by Pamela Turner
Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Saga Vol. 7 by Brian K. Vaughan
The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Seduced by the Billionaire by Carly Carson
The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert


Books Read From My Shelves
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows




Interesting Tidbits on the Web:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally finished Harry Potter!! I do have the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them but that should be a quick read and at least will feature different characters.  I will be working up a full series review on this and tell you my thoughts (and I do have quite a few thoughts but most will be unfavorable). With that said as soon as I finished that book I dived right into ACOWAR and didn't come up for air until it was done 3 days later. So that is the reason for the gap in posts last week but I don't regret it. I will also be posting a review of the series by Sarah J. Maas, again a lot going on with this one but not much I can discuss without spoilers so I will be debating how to post that review.

Friday night Hubby and I celebrated our 10th anniversary, we actually got a sitter and went out for dinner. It was wonderful to have time together but had to call it a night early because Hubby had to leave for work the next morning at 5:00am.  Saturday Munchkin had his award ceremony and fun day for Tball, he has one game left on Tuesday and that will wrap up his first sport season! Father's Day was a bit of a whirl wind, unfortunately poor Hubby had to do some house work to finish painting the basement wall so we can mount cabinets next weekend. But it will be made up for when we get to put his new grill together and he can BBQ to his heart's content.

I have gone on a little bit of a book buying binge and am waiting for several orders to come in but more on that soon!

Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I still think it's funny that you hated Harry Potter so much. I'm eager to hear your final thoughts on the series as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of funny in a way, I just don't get it. I must totally be missing something to have so many people love it.

      Delete