Monday, November 14, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 39 - Dark Day in the Deep Sea

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 39 takes Jack and Annie to a small island and out into the ocean where they see mysterious creatures of the deep. They find friends amongst the early sea life scientists and in another very unusual place. They face dangerous seas and sea creatures to find the next secret to happiness.
 
 
 
My Review: This was an interesting adventure for Jack and Annie, not what I would have expected in their current quest to find the four secrets of happiness. With that said they did have quite the adventure and meet some of the early sea life biologists as they were discovering the deep sea. It did take quite a fantasy twist, something reminiscent of 20,000 leagues under the sea. While this wasn't really a favorite of mine in the series it was still a great adventure that young readers will enjoy.
 
My Rating: This wasn't my favorite book in the series but it will be enjoyable to some young readers. I don't know if it is just me growing bored with the series or if it is just a few book lull but I hope the series picks up again soon. I give this one a rating of Three paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment