Thursday, November 17, 2016

After Dark Review of The Men of Whiskey Creek: Dillon by Serenity King

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "For years, Dillon Anderson has waited for Lark to realize he’s in love with her. He’s sat back and watched her go through one failed relationship after another…biding his time.
Lark Singletary is finished with relationships. After finding her boyfriend in a compromising position, she vows to never again give her heart to another. She’s been hurt far too often."


My Review: I picked this one up before meeting King at a book conference. It was a very fast read and was certainly steamy. I enjoyed the initial interactions with the characters. Being on an accelerated storyline they were supposed to have a previously established friendship but you didn't get to see much of that or a development of it, which I would have liked to see. I did enjoy the characters and wish there would have been more time in this book to spend with them, but I am hoping that this the start of a series and we will get to see more of them and the other sub-characters.
  
 
My Rating: While this book was a little short and rushed for my liking, it was a entertaining and steamy read with some interesting characters.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment