Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tea Time Tuesday: Tea with a Kick

This is a new series of blog posts to share my love of tea and some discoveries I am making as I dive more into that love. (And honestly, what goes better with books than a nice cup of tea?)
 
 
With our recent BBQ and the Labor Day weekend BBQs, I like to bring an adult beverage to the parties as well as food. I came across a recipe for this Sweet Tea Sangria and thought it was a perfect summer time BBQ drink.
 
I did change up the recipe slightly though
 
15 pouches Lipton tea steeped for 15 minutes in 3 cups boiling water with 1/4 tsp baking soda.  Then added 2/3rds cup sugar (because I prefer it less sweet), then added ice and cold water equivalent to about 4 cups of water. Once cooled completely added a bottle of moscato wine and 1 sliced peach and 1 pint of raspberries, I also added a cup of peach liquor.  It was super tasty but there was still some left over and it was even better the next day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment