Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tasty Attempts: Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders

I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
As you know, I am always on the hunt for simple dinner ideas and lately Munchkin has been a little picky but one thing he has been eating is sandwiches. So I wanted to make a sandwich for dinner that was just a little bit more. On pinterest I found a recipe for this Turkey Bacon Ranch Slider.  I did adjust the recipe slightly and used deli turkey instead of cooked turkey leftovers because it was easier.  I also attempted to make bacon in the oven for the first time (and wow it is so much easier and less of a mess!).
 
 
 
Munchkin did really like the sandwich but he wasn't much of a fan of the sesame seeds on top (but he did eat it - Win!). I also made us small salads to go with it and he ate that too!  This was a quick and easy meal (I think it would be great for parties since it made nearly a dozen in one go).


4 comments:

  1. Don't you love baking bacon!?!? I tried it a couple years ago, and I've never gone back to the old way since! I love it. It bakes perfectly and WAY less mess. Plus you don't smell like bacon for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I waited this long to try to bake the bacon, you can cook so much more at once, it comes out nice and flat and perfectly crispy. And now that you mention it, there wasn't that greasy bacon smell hanging either!

      Delete
  2. What were you thinking giving him sesame seeds? ;) I've been tempted to try sliders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Shame on me for trying something new LOL! I bet if I had let him sprinkle the sesame seeds though we would have been fine.

      Delete