Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tasty Attempts: Salad in a Mason Jar

I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
So I am a big fan of salad in the summer, it gets too hot to eat a heavy meal but salad is always refreshing.  But I really don't ever have time to chop everything up in the morning and I also really dislike when some of the elements get soggy.  I have heard that you can prep an entire week of salad in a mason jar, I decided to try it out for just a couple of days.
 
I used a recipe I found on Pinterest for Spinach and Bacon Mason Jar Salad. I only had quart jars so my salads were MASSIVE! I will definitely have to invest is pint sized jars instead. I also was not a fan of the dressing, it was too heavy and it got stuck in the bottom of the jar.  But I am not a fan of dressing on my salads anyway, I am happy with just a little salt and pepper.
 
 
Everything did stay nice a fresh and crispy so that was good, I will be looking for a few different ones to try but I will be skipping any dressing in the future.


2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm the exact opposite. I want tons of dressing on my salads. Nice to know things stayed fresh, though. I've wondered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy to find that it all stayed fresh. I used to love tons of ranch dressing but I cut back at one point when I was trying to loose weight for my wedding and found that I didn't really need the dressing and never went back to it.

      Delete