Friday, July 22, 2016

Bedtime Story: The Fire Engine Book by Tibor Gergely

Read for: Children's Book Challenge & Munchkin loves fire trucks
 
Synopsis: "Children will feel as though they are riding the big red fire engines and hearing the "clang, clang" of the bell! Large-scale, active pictures will transport young readers to the scene where they'll see brave firemen connect hoses and save the day. A Little Golden Book Classic!"

My Review: This is such a classic Golden Book, I remember reading it when I was a kid at my grandparent's house. Munchkin is huge into fire trucks so this was a perfect one to share with him. The old style of fire engine sparked some interest and may lead to a visit to a fire station museum. Munchkin enjoyed telling me his own version of the story and how the firemen were helping people.
 
My Rating: While this book isn't up to modern times it is still a fun classic story. I loved the vintage illustrations.  I think it will also go well with a visit to a Fire Station Museum we are planning a trip to soon!  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment