Saturday, July 16, 2016

Graphic Novel Review of The New York Four by Brian Wood

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge
 
Synopsis: "The ultimate insider's guide to New York City is presented through the eyes of Brooklyn-born Riley, who is starting her freshman year at NYU and is about to find out what an adventure--and a mystery--living in the Big Apple can be."

My Review: This was an interesting one, I have found that I really like Minx published GNs. I enjoyed the artwork in this one a lot, and it was an interesting combination of storyline, setting and characters. I loved the little insider tips to NY spots that were interwoven into the story too. This would be a great GN for those who love the New Adult genre, it follows Riley as she ventures out of her sheltered life into college life. She must learn to interact with others her age and find out who she is and who she will be.
 
My Rating: This is a really unique GN, a finding yourself and your own way as you leave home.  I loved the artwork and the insider tips to NYC were great too. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

4 comments:

  1. This would be great for New York lovers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it has great illustrations of buildings and sites throughout the city.

      Delete
  2. Awesome as I'd expect from Brian Wood. The sequel NY Five was even better.

    Mariz
    Get Best Info for Alaska Fishing Lodge Sitka AK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea there was a sequel, that is very exciting! Thank you for letting me know. I have definitely become a Brian Wood fan, I just recently picked up Local and am looking forward to reading that one too.

      Delete