Monday, June 27, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 21 - Civil War on Sunday

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 21 kicks off the next small set of four adventures that Jack and Annie take in the Magic Tree House, all of which appear to be historical events that take place in the US. In this book Jack and Annie find themselves in the midst of a battle during the Civil War, they must face their fears to aid the nurses working diligently on the wounded. They also learn that all history isn't just history, it effects us even today.
 
 
 
My Review: I think these history adventures that Jack and Annie embark on might be my favorites. While the traveled back to the Civil War, Osborne kept them to the background events of history instead of things young readers will learn about in school. I really liked this approach, readers will not only be reading but also learning a little bit more about history and added problem solving and good deeds at the same time.  
 
My Rating: This was one of the best ones in the series so far! I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment