Monday, June 6, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 18 - Buffalo Before Breakfast

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
In Book 18 Jack and Annie continue their quest to receive four gifts needed to break the spell cast over a puppy.  This time they travel to the Great Plains in a time before settlers moved west and the native Americans were able to continue their roaming lifestyle.
 
 
My Review: I really enjoyed this adventure of Jack & Annie's. Though again I wonder where are their parents that they don't notice kids leaving the house before the sun is up. Anyway, they did use their research more in this book which was very helpful to them and got them through this adventure. I also think this was the longest they have been to a location too, and it was nice to see that considering all that they did and the distance they traveled while there. I think these books are advancing with the readers abilities nicely, they are becoming a little more challenging and informative but it is a subtle change.
 
My Rating: I am really excited for Munchkin to get to this reading level when we can enjoy these books together. And that is one of the wonderful parts about these books, is that they can be enjoyed at all reading levels and won't bore adults reading with children.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!


No comments:

Post a Comment