Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tasty Attempts: Cookie Monsters Me-Love-Warm-Green-Bean Salad

I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
So off and on we have been struggling with Munchkin's diet and his picky eating habits. Now I know that we are so blessed and he isn't nearly as bad as many of the kids we know, but we still want him to eat a wider variety than he already does, especially with veggies. So I let him pick out this new cookbook . . .
 
 
And I have been letting him help set the menu for the week and picking at least one recipe a week that he can help cook.  One of the recipes he picked out was Cookie Monsters Me-Love-Warm-Green-Bean salad.
 
We adjusted the recipe to his taste a little more, we put less balsamic in and substituted red bell peppers for the plum tomatoes.  He really loved snapping the green beans with me and drizzling the oil on, and he did eat it with now issues or arguments.
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Green beans and beets are like the two foods I can't eat. So he can't be too picky. ;) I love that you let him help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I love green beans, and sometimes beets but not often. He loves to cook, Hubby lets him help more than I do but he usually cooks on the weekend where there aren't any time constraints. It really helps him to have a say in the food, and I think it is helping him make healthier choices.

      Delete