Monday, May 30, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 17 - Tonight on the Titanic

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 17 kicks off another adventure for Jack and Annie, they begin a new quest to find four items and break a spell. They have the help of their books and their own personalities to guide them. The first item must come from a ship lost at sea. They find themselves on the Titanic as it is striking an iceberg.
 
 


My Review: This book sets off another set of four books in the longer series. Now that I am used to this I really think it is beneficial, young readers can feel accomplished by finishing each set of four and they don't have to continue the series if they don't want to and yet have a nice conclusion to the set they read. This time Jack and Annie must once again use their research books to travel to different places and times and find items needed to break a spell. I preferred the ones where they had to save a book, but that is just the book lover in me. This one was a little more intense as they were on the Titanic as it was sinking, it was certainly a little scary but it also kept the pages turning quickly. As this was based on actual history, there were also several important facts at the end of the book too.  
 
My Rating: This was another great book, while it is pretty intense and frightening, I don't think young readers will become scared. It is quite adventure that will keep them interested and reading.  As I said above, I have come to really appreciate the sections of 4 books throughout the series too.  I give this book a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment