Monday, March 21, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 11 - Lions at Lunchtime

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 11 follows Jack & Annie to Africa where they must solve the third riddle in their quest to become Master Librarians.  Morgan gives them a single warning before sending them off on the adventure, watch out for the lions!
 
 
 
My Review: The answer to the third riddle isn't as simple as you would imagine. Jack and Annie had to figure it out while surrounded by wild animals and danger. I enjoyed this one a lot and I am glad to see the riddles and challenges getting to be more difficult. I also like how Jack and Annie are having to use what they learn from the books more and more in their travels. It is another great book in the series to keep young readers coming back for more.  
 
My Rating: I can really see these books advancing and involving the readers more, trying to get them to figure out things and use their knowledge along with Jack and Annie.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment