Saturday, February 27, 2016

Graphic Novel Review of Morning Glories Vol. 1: For a Better Future by Nick Spencer

Read for: Graphic Novel Review
 
Synopsis: "Morning Glory Academy

One of the most prestigious prep schools in the country...But behind it's hallowed doors something sinister and deadly lurks. When six brilliant but troubled new students arrive, they find themselves trapped and desperately seeking answers...and escape from a place where nothing is what it seems to be!"


My Review: I don't know if I am being a little dense but I found myself very confused at times and still wondering exactly what was happening by the end. Even after this graphic novel there is still a lot of mystery surrounding the Morning Glory Academy. I did really enjoy the parts of the storyline I was able to follow and also the characters are rather intriguing. I guess this time I am going to continue with the second Volume when I can.
  
 
My Rating: I was a little lost and confused (and still am) but the story is so intriguing that I really want to give it another try to see where it goes.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Weird. Maybe the mystery will be revealed in later issues???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, when I bought this one at the comic book store, the guy running the place said he absolutely loved the series and started reading individual issues because he couldn't wait for the next novel to come out. So I guess that is a good sign.

      Delete