Friday, February 19, 2016

Bedtime Story: Curious George Makes Syrup by HA Rey

 
Synopsis: "Sunday is pancake day, and no plate of pancakes is complete without maple syrup. But when George runs out of his favorite topping, where will he find more? With the help of his friends Allie and Mr. Renkins, George learns how to turn sap from maple trees into his very own bottle of sweet, delicious syrup!"

My Review: So I picked this book up for Munchkin while in Vermont at a maple sugary (where they make syrup). This book gives only the briefest overview of how syrup is made, I would have liked it to have mentioned the time of year that the trees were tapped. But Munchkin of course still loved George's antics and of course all the talk of pancakes and maple syrup.
 
My Rating: This wasn't my favorite Curious George book, I don't think that it really explained some of the essential things children would ask.  We give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment