Thursday, February 18, 2016

After Dark Review of Winters Thaw by Mari Carr

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Read for: Mount TBR Digital & Series Challenge
 
Synopsis: "Sometimes life doesn’t go according to plan. Sometimes it’s better.

Sienna Compton has it all figured out. Her life’s goals are set and it is all systems go. At least, it was. Until her long-time boyfriend Josh threw a ringer into the master plan, requesting a “break” from their relationship. Now she’s left alone during the long, cold Wyoming winter, questioning what her heart has always believed to be true love.

Daniel Lennon is facing an uncertain future. When a tragic accident leaves him unable to pursue his career as a professional bull rider, he finds himself at Compass Ranch, working to help Sienna’s father, Seth, build his horse breeding business. One look at Sienna has Daniel envisioning things he never imagined wanting—a permanent home, love, marriage—and he’s willing to use all the red hot tricks in his sexual arsenal to melt the ice surrounding Sienna’s broken heart.

When lust turns to genuine emotion, can Daniel convince Sienna to take a chance on something different and unexpected? Can he persuade her to consider a new path, one that will lead her directly to his arms…forever?

Warning: Roping and riding, past and future, cold winter and fiery desire, lust and love all come together in this new Compass series. Saddle up and hang on. The Comptons are back!"


My Review: I originally had a hard time getting into this book, I was expecting after dark but the beginning was set when the Compass girls turned 16 and it threw me off. I am glad I dove back in because I ended up loving all the characters, the setting and the storyline. Of course being set in Wyoming is always a big hit with me, but then to add in the extra steam. I also enjoyed how in addition to the steamy after dark scenes there is a solid storyline and depth to the characters. This is definitely a series that is going to fly by and I am going to end up missing when it is done.
 
My Rating: I was completely captivated by this story, the setting, the characters and of course the steam all roped me right in.  I give this book a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment